Thursday, June 18, 2009

1 day left of 12 days

I never know I could be so drained. I feel exhausted and am absolutely sick or working. I can't seem to concentrate on anything.

Happenings up till now:

Got my pattern all cut from the extra strips of paper. Just need to pin it to the fabric to cut out of and get ready for Helen to look at. The only draw back is that I took my measurements (or at least what I think they are) and I am not sure what size to do. I am going to go with the bigger size to be safe but I am really cautious about this.

I have read 200 pages in the Sam Houston Correspondence (the book of published private letters between Sam and Margaret) all since Saturday. I am kind of tired of reading it.

The Museum grounds have been surprisingly busy with how hot it is outside. Plus SHSU is doing the freshman orientation things this Thursday and Friday so campus is backed and some spill over comes here. The ducks don't seem to be laying. The grounds- well we are, actually Peter is doing the best he can to keep the grounds looking nice but there isn't a whole lot he can do with the lack of rain. He has had a ton of random community service kids looking for hours to help him out. I don't know that we are going to do the Gulf Coast Kid for a while yet; some internal issues have been going on there.

I have been reminded today about wind that blows around inside some of the heads here. You would truly be amazed.

Tomorrow I will be in the WEC all by myself. I am looking forward to it. I will have some form of music on, that should keep me active an awake. Can't really do that in the Rotunda because it can disturb the museum experience for our patrons.

Oh... Peter and I with Mike's assistance final looked at all the photos I took of the museum grounds for the Folk Festival. I put all of the ones that we liked in a folder and labeled all the pictures. Giving descriptions so that you would be able to know what you were looking at exactly. Just waiting to take that to the board or have someone else do something to it.

Also plumber has now fell into the duties as assigned category. For some reason starting this weekend to present the toilets at the WEC have been going nuts. Most of them either won't flush or constantly run. I can't decided if they are just all acting up at once or there is something larger wrong. There is this turn and hit trick that sometimes makes the toilets stop running or flush. I have made it work before. But yesterday no such luck. I feel like we have called the SHSU plumbers out here every day this week to address the issue. Long story short there: the whole WEC needs to be re done, the AC is whack, Plumbing awful, ventilation system weird... tons of stuff. I can't wait for tomorrow to be here so I can have a break from all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment