Thursday, July 9, 2009

Creek Update

We have had the trustees working on the creek now for 3 days. They have done an amazing job for just 9 of them. All the pieces of concrete have been moved from the bottom of the creek bed to the sides to reduce the washout. They were able to do it cause it has been dry now for a month or so. It was running 2 days ago but stopped since there was no more rain to feed it.

Peter is slowing trying to figure out what to do about the water situation. The damn idea is still there and in the works. It's just a matter of building it and putting the plans into action. It is going to run on a continuous cycle that peter can use to fill the duck pond and water the grounds with. Saving the museum on the water bill and utilizing the rain when it does grace us with it's presence.

Of course after they have moved all the stuff off to the banks. There has been uncovered glass so guess what I will be doing tomorrow. That's right, cleaning it out. Granted it's better than sitting in an office all day long. I will be getting some fresh air and feel good about helping out the environment. Granted don't think I'm some sort of nature freak but picking up trash is just my little thing to do. Heck if it makes the museum look nicer then why not. That and some times physical labor feels good. It won't be too hard just that it is outside in the heat. Though no booties tomorrow it is just too hot for those and no point since the creek is dry so the old running shoes will work fine.

I was also told today that I am now the proud mother/ guardian of 9 ducklings. have I named them yet? No. probably won't cause nature will take it's course. Not trying to be cruel but that is just how life is. Now to find a way to list that duties as assigned in my CV or resume; wildlife preservation and controlist maybe? LOL

At page 178 of Vol. II. :)

Edition: So this guy came in who owns/ displays/ something to the gun collection here in the Rotunda. He basically just told me I'm not doing my job in so many words. He complained about some kid marking up the display case that the guns and swords are housed in. Saying some Sunday church group or group of kids with a knife are making it up; been happening now for years- same kind of marks; and on and on and on. I was like seriously! I told him I work here and we would hear something going on and nothing has. He can't seem to get it through his brain that some times things just get normal wear and tear- it happens, deal the f with it and move on. If you don't like it being displayed here then take it out. He said that if I ever work on Sundays to keep and eye on it- hello that is my job to keep my eye on the whole place- don't tell me how to do my job and I won't tell you how to do yours; like buy some deodorant. He was basically working on the case and cleaning what was in it the WHOLE TIME I was here. That is basically about almost 8 hours. It shouldn't take you that damn long. You were blocking the restrooms with your shindig and now GET OUT! I can't help but wonder if he only said those things to me cause he thought that I was a volunteer or a student assistant. I work here buddy. This is my job. I do my job. Yeah I know that things cost and damage has been done to that place. What do you want me to do. Come up to someone who has been standing there too long with my water bottle or extra large sharpie and tell them to step back from the case. If you don't like how it is being secured- or to your impression, not being secured- take it out, install security cameras or shut up and go about your business! Rant done.

No comments:

Post a Comment