Saturday, August 15, 2009

Venting is needed on occasions

Sometimes I think that my being in the Rotunda is worthless. I say things and people don't listen. I would be rich if I had a penny every time any one did any of the following:

  • Start any direction but from the left even after I say how the museum is laid out and that it is in chronological order (I even hand motion and point too).
  • Ask me where the bathrooms are even after I pointed them out when I greeted them.
  • Ask me if there is anything downstairs to look at even after I said there are things downstairs when I greeted them.
  • Come back upstairs even after I say there is an exit door downstairs.
  • Trip going out the front door even after I say watch your step as they leave after they came back upstairs.
  • People come in at 4 or later expecting to be able to look around the museum when there is signage everywhere saying when we close with our hours. And then look at your weird you say you have to close up the building or take their sweet time walking around.
  • People who walk up to the door at 4:30 asking if they can looking around.
  • People who have called to talk to any of the Adminstrative staff or come by to see them. HELLO IT'S A WEEKEND PEOPLE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog after searching for others who work as historical interpreters, and this is the first I found that actually focus on that subject. I am starting one myself, it's set up but no content yet. Please start writing your blog again!

    ReplyDelete